INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect two basic types of information with our Service, namely personal information and aggregate information. Personal information is information that is directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a user’s name, address, zip code, user-chosen ID and password, financial information, fitness information, or information about activities that is directly linked to that person.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed, which may include demographic information. In other words, information on how you use our Service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Service. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, including helping us better understand and improve our Service, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Those are the types of personal and other information we collect. You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose and protect this information:
Information You Give Us.
We collect information you give us at various times when you register with us and use our Service. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Transaction Information. When you register to use the Service, we may collect various kinds of contact information about you including, for example, your name, address, zip code, e-mail address, birth date, financial information, and fitness information. You will also be asked to create a user-chosen ID and password for your use when accessing the Service.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time-to-time, we may post surveys, contests, or sweepstakes on our Service, which may request demographic information and customer feedback. For purposes of such surveys, contests, or sweepstakes, we may collect data such as your name, address, zip code, and fitness information. Also, we may collect information that identifies you personally when you send us comments, questions or suggestions.
Automatically Collected Information.
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you use the Service, our systems automatically collect your IP address and the type of browser you use.
We may also collect standard access information, such as the time and date of accessing the Service, and usage of the Service. We use such information to help manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about Service usage.
We may also collect product usage data and related health metrics, such as heart rate, cadence, and power output. This data may be correlated with your user-chosen ID.
No Information about Children.
Our Service is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from children under the age of 13. If we create offers and products that make it appropriate to collect information from children under the age of 13, we will notify you of the change in this Policy. Additionally, registrants between the ages of 13 and 18 must have a parent assist in the completion of registration.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Internal Use of Personal Information.
In general, we use personal information internally to serve our users and enable them to take maximum advantage of our Service. For example, to conduct marketing analysis, to provide personalized services, to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service, to respond to customer support inquiries, and to create and inform you of new products and services from IFH that better meet your needs. By registering with our Service, you give consent for us to communicate with you at any of the contact points you provide to us for any of the aforementioned purposes.
You should review the following section to understand when IFH discloses personal information to non-affiliated third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except (i) as necessary to complete a transaction you have requested, (ii) as necessary to perform internal analyses and business functions, (iii) as part of a business transfer, or (iv) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety. The following section describes these disclosure circumstances more fully.
- Consent. Unless you choose to do so, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties so that they may provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- Transaction Processing and Business Functions. We may share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business, or who assist us in processing and completing transactions that you have requested. For example, our e-commerce partner receives and stores your name, address, and financial information. In the event that we use third-party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- Internal Analysis. We may use information about you for our own internal purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties in aggregate, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users and the Service is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Service or fulfill products, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Protection of IFH and Others. We and our third party partners may release personal information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, property, or personal safety of IFH, our users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Please be aware that we provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these Web sites’ privacy policies will differ from those of IFH. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information or visiting their sites.
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information. While we have taken efforts to guard your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Your account information and access to our Service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site and Service by any person using your account user ID and password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account user ID and password have been misused.
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of our Service, you may view, correct, or delete your personal information by logging into the Site and editing your profile. Please be aware, however, that any personal information you may make publicly accessible on or through the Service may not be altered. Accordingly, please be careful when making any personal information available to the public.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our Service and Site, such as customer service responses and other administrative messages. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing or other email from us or from third parties by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message.
Please note that your personal information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws of your country. If you object to your personal information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not register for the Service.
UPDATING THIS POLICY
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as “California Disclosure Information.”
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, the privacy practices of the Service, or your dealings with IFH, please contact us at: email@example.com.